Thursday, January 31, 2008

Configuring Westinghouse LCD TV with FIOS Remote

I've recently been doing a lot of home media setups for myself and family lately. Taking a systematic approach to everything has forced me to learn a lot about home theaters systems. Although I feel I know a good deal now, I still get stumped every once in a while.

The other day I had to setup a FIOS remote control with a Westinghouse LCD TV. I'm not sure if this is model dependent or not, but nevertheless, the two codes provided in the remote's manual did not work. There is a Westinghouse and a White Westinghouse category (both would not control the TV). After searching on the Internet with little success I called FIOS support. They walked me through a process which takes the remote through each TV code sequence until you find a code that works with the TV. I know this worked with my remote with the big "FIOS TV" button in the middle. I do believe there are two types of FIOS remotes, so your results may vary. Here was the process:
  1. Make sure your TV is on
  2. Hold 'TV' and 'OK' button for 3 seconds
  3. Press '922' to tell it to go into find sequence
  4. Press 'Play' button to begin find sequence
  5. Press 'Fwd' button to begin going through each TV code
  6. When the remote finds your TV, it will turn it off
  7. If you accidently go one code too far, press 'Rwd' button to go back
  8. Once you find your code, hit the 'OK' button to set the remote.

Hope this helps someone out there.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

great job, have a westinghouse LCD w/ the same remote as you. worked like a champ. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. Worked for me.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting!! I've waisted over an hour using Verizon website and online chat which gave same instructions as on Verizon website. In a few seconds your solution programmed the remote to Westinghouse HD TV.

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you! I have spent 10 months using 2 remotes after Fios told me that my TV wasn't compatible with their remote! Now my cheap Westinghouse remote died so I was absolutely desperate!

Anonymous said...

damn. finally got it working. thanks.

Anonymous said...

That worked perfectly. THANK YOU!!!!

Unknown said...

Your post really cool and interesting. Thanks very much.

Sony - VAIO E Series 17.3" Laptop - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black

Sony - VAIO E Series 14" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive (SVE14125CXP)

L said...

OMG worked like a charm! Thanks so much!:

Anonymous said...

Great work. Thx